National Honor Society
The National Elementary Honor Society is a nationally recognized organization that recognizes the academic excellence in Elementary school student. Immaculate Heart of Mary School is a charter member of this organization. The students chosen from Grades 4, 5, and 6 have all demonstrated academic excellence as well as a sense of community and social action.
The Pledge that each candidate says as they are accepted into the society states:
As a member of the National Elementary Honor Society,
I pledge to:
- Be a strong student, achieving the most from my education;
- Demonstrate responsibility, showing enthusiasm and working hard in all that I do;
- Learn the skills of Leadership, practicing them in all aspect of my life;
- Be of Service to my school and community, showing that I care;
- And be a role model for my peers, helping us all achieve our best.
Each year the Society plans and participates in a community service project.