Immaculate Heart of Mary Aquinas Society
The Aquinas Society-
The Aquinas Society at Immaculate Heart of Mary is part of an umbrella program of the Diocese of Brooklyn which serves to promote excellence through intellectually engaging experiences. Aquinas members exhibit creative leadership qualities and possess a willingness to share their gifts and talents. Members display curiosity toward learning and the motivation to further excel.
An Aquinas member is one who recognizes the gifts God has given them, cultivates them responsibly, and returns them with joy to the Lord.
The Immaculate Heart of Mary Aquinas Society recognizes the diverse gifts and talents of students from all cultures, racial and ethnic backgrounds, and socioeconomic groups.
List of guidelines students must meet to be a member of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Aquinas Society
- A score of 75 percentile or above in Terra Nova
- An average of 90 and above on report card grades
- Personal growth of good or excellent
- A score of 3 or 4 on the New York State exams
- The recommendation of two teachers based upon the following:
- Motivation and willingness to share their talents
- Exhibit creativity
- Demonstrates leadership qualities
- Shows initiative
- Is committed to the success of the local program